* FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH. Senior Adult banquet at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 1 in the Ellis Dining Hall. Guest speaker, Al Walker, nationally renowed humorist and motivational speaker. Catered by Shealy’s Barbecue. $10, tickets must be purchased by Thursday. (803) 256-4251.
* I. DEQUINCEY NEWMAN UMC. Bazaar from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Proceeds will benefit needy families and mission outreach activities. 7801 Wilson Blvd. (803) 786-9894.
* MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. MEMORIAL BAPTIST. Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Proceeds go toward the Building Fund. 7831 Wilson Blvd. (803) 786-9337.
* SPRING VALLEY PRESBYTERIAN. Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Road race at 8:15 a.m., followed by a bird walk at 9:30 a.m. Canned goods collected for Harvest Hope Food Bank. Proceeds from festival will go to The Cooperative Ministy and The Souper Bowl of Caring. 125 Sparkleberry Lane. (803) 788-3589.
* WHITEFORD CHURCH AND SCHOOLS, LEXINGTON. Fall festival at 6 p.m. Saturday. 501 Whiteford Way. (803) 359-2229.
* BLANEY BAPTIST, ELGIN. Homecoming celebration at 11 a.m. Sunday with guest speaker, the Rev. Tommy Kelly of First Baptist Church, Varnville. White Pond Road and Church Street. (803) 438-3161.
* CHAPPELLE MEMORIAL AME. Family and Friends Day at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Dinner will follow. 1101 Pine St. (803) 254-7911.
* EBENEZER LUTHERAN. International Focus observed at 8:30 and 11 a.m. Sunday. The Rev. Judy McGuire, former missionary to Central African Republic, will speak. 1301 Richland St. (803) 765-9430.
* FIRST NORTHEAST BAPTIST. Spiritual Enrichment celebration at 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Guest speakers, the Rev. Ronald D. Barton of Shady Oak Baptist Church, Greenville, and the Rev. Gregory B. Cunningham of New Light Beulah Baptist Church, Hopkins. 311 Sparkleberry Lane. (803) 736-5055.
* SECOND NAZARETH BAPTIST. A Trinity Celebration at 4 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Secadia Howell of St. Mark Baptist Church, Hopkins, will speak. 2336 Elmwood Ave. (803) 256-0088.
* SHANDON PRESBYTERIAN. AIDS Ministry training from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday in Davis Hall. Reformation celebration at noon Sunday with boxed lunch and music. $4; reservations must be made by calling (803) 771-4408.
* ST. MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS’ EPISCOPAL. Worship service at 5:30 p.m. Sunday. Nonperishable food item donation for Harvest Hope Food Bank will be accepted. 6408 Bridgewood Road. (803) 782-8080.
* UNITY MISSIONARY BAPTIST, HOPKINS. Worship services will be held at Southeast Middle School Auditorium, 731 Horrell Hill Road, Hopkins, beginning Sunday until renovation is completed. (803) 783-6166 or (803) 776-5266.tm 10/19
* GUNTER’S CHAPEL BAPTIST. Anniversary celebration with a prayer breakfast at 8 a.m. and Family and Friends Day 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. On Sunday at 3 p.m., the message. 1631 Windover Road. (803) 786-1765.
* CORNERSTONE BAPTIST. Missionary Society’s anniversary at 11 a.m. Sunday. The Rev. Adrian McIlwain, newly affirmed pastor, will speak. 100 Wayne St. (803) 256-4890.
* OAK GROVE BAPTIST, ELGIN. Pulpit Aide’s anniversary at 8 and 11 a.m. Sunday. 1063 Old Two Notch Road. (803) 865-1766.
* PEACEFUL BAPTIST. The church anniversary at 3 p.m. Sunday with guest speaker, the Rev. William H. Woodard Jr. of Fort Clark Baptist Church, Elgin. 5230 Fairfield Road. (803) 786-5211.
* WESLEY UMC. A special anniversary service at 4 p.m. Sunday with guest speaker, the Rev. Charles B. Jackson of Brookland Baptist Church. 1725 Gervais St. (803) 799-1426.
* TEMPLE ZION BAPTIST. The Mass Choir’s concert at 2 p.m. Sunday. 1174 Heyward Brockington Road. (803) 754-0933.
Send religion notices to Matters of F/aith, The State, P.O. Box 1333, Columbia, SC 29202. Or send e-mail to email@example.com or fax to (803) 771-8430. For more information, call Thelma Maxwell at (803) 771-8389. Releases are due by noon Friday and are printed on a space-available basis. Include your name, address and telephone number.