Local Church To Mark Century Since Founding

The Rev. George D. Partridge has announced that the Union Baptist Church, located 1 1/2 miles North of Blaney, has designated Sunday, September 24, as the date for observance of the 100th anniversary of its founding.

The original church was organized 1861 in a log building and land given to the congregation by Jim Albert. The Rev. Brown Ross was the first minister of the church. The present buildings were erected in 1911 and have been remodeled since into a very modern brick building.

Dr. A. L. Willis, a former pastor of this church, will be speaker at the 11 a.m. service. After a picnic lunch, Dr. W. C. Allen will give highlights of the history of the church, which is the subject of a book he has written. A program of special music will be offered.

September 13, 1961  State (published as THE COLUMBIA RECORD)  
Columbia, South Carolina
Page 5

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.