Kershaw County Board Organizes

(Special to The Record)

CAMDEN, S. C., Jan. 8 – The new board of county directors for Kershaw county met this week and organized. The board is composed of H. G. Garrison, Sr., D. M. Kirkley, J. H. Sowell and Earl H. Bowen, Mr. Garrison was re-elected chairman of the board. He is the only member of the former board who was re-elected in the primaries last summer.

Hon. L. T. Mills was elected county attorney. Mr. Mills is also acting as clerk for the board temporarily until an election is held.

J. M. Moseley was re-elected one of the bridge keepers with the following new bridge keepers; S. W. Rose, of Blaney and L. B. Ogburn, of Westville.

G. F. Cooley, who has been on the police force here for some time, has been appointed superintendent of the chain gang by S. H. Mickle, the newly elected superintendent of roads for Kershaw. Mr. Cooley succeeds Henry E. Mann who has been in the service of the county for many years and has rendered efficient service.

January 8, 1925  Columbia Record (published as The Columbia Record) 
 Columbia, South Carolina
Page 2

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.